Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Psalm 69 - The Water is at My Neck

Almighty God,

David once wrote, "Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck." Maybe this describes how all people of faith feel sometimes in this sinful world. I know that the spite and selfishness and greed of others bring troubles into my own life, and I know that my own moments of selfishness and greed and spite bring even more troubles. While I know that I am not sinking, because of your gracious love, I still often feel that "the water is at my neck." Continue to shield me from the evils of this world, and continue to offer me opportunities to live more through faith in you than through my baser instincts. And in times of great turmoil, O God, please grant me a present sense of my salvation through you.

Amen

No comments: